Clinical Research Assistant I
Department Name and ID: Torous - Psychiatry XXXX
Reports to (job title): Clinical Fellows - Accredited
Current Job Code: A4040
FLSA Status: Nonexempt - All per diem positions are considered Non-Exempt
Effective Date: 2018-XX-0XX
Status: Submitted to Compensation
Job Summary: Responsible for assisting with research on smartphone apps and analysis of digital mental health policy and regulation. Able to create and support ongoing data collection efforts around app evaluation. Works closely with other clinical research staff. Helps coordinate and organize diverse datasets and supports ongoing clinical studies involving adults with mental illnesses and/or dementia. Some interactions with clinical patients related to learning about their use and experience with the lab's smartphone apps.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of this position.
1. Independently or in conjunction with other clinical research staff works with clinical studies team to collect, organize, and help advance research studies. (essential)
2. Learns protocol and monitors strict adherence to protocols by physicians, nurses and research subjects. Reviews protocol requirements with physicians, nurses and fellows. Identifies any problems with protocol compliance and notifies principal investigator and/or research nurse. Begins to learn how to independently resolve problems with protocol (essential)
1. Assists in evaluating and suggesting improvements in the team's smartphone app.
2. Working with lab members to help monitor, record, evaluate, and interpret digital health app and policy data.
3. Reading the current literature on the intersection of smartphone apps, policy, and regulation.
1. Bachelor's degree required.
2. 0-1 years related work experience required in working knowledge of computer systems including web-based applications & Microsoft Office such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access. Previous clinical research project experience preferred.
3. Experience with computer systems required, including web-based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
1. Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
2. Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
3. Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
4. Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
5. Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
1. Work requires close attention to task for work to be accurately completed. Intermittent breaks during the work day do not compromise the work.
2. Work routine is fairly consistent, but employee needs to be able to use judgment to respond to events several times a week.
3. No substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions
4. Health Care Status: - Health Care Worker Status may vary by department
Close work (paperwork, visual examination), Monitor Use, Visual monotony, Visual clarity <3 feet, Conversation, Monitoring Equipment, Telephone.
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move throughout the hospital campus
This job requires constant sitting, walking, Power Grasping using both hands, Keyboard use, Endurance-working up to 5-6 hours without a break, frequent Reaching-above shoulder height. There may be occasional standing, Fine Manipulation using both hands.